From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- The head node is wonko.bi.up.ac.za
- There are 10 x 28-core compute nodes with 128 GB RAM each (wonko1 - wonko10). These nodes constitute the short, normal and long queues.
- There is a 96-core SMP server with 3 TB of RAM (alf). This large multicore server takes care of the bigmem queue on its own.
- Please also see Storage Quotas and Charges
- Home directories are on a 70 TB NFS4 filesystem over Infiniband (/home)
- User data directories are on a 1.2 PB Lustre filesystem over Infiniband (/nlustre/users)