From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Revision as of 12:01, 11 April 2018 by Fourie
- Home directories (/home) are backup up daily with a 14-day retention period for file versions.
- You can thus possibly ask the system administrator to restore a copy that existed in the previous 14 days.
- Lustre data directories (/lustre/users) are replicated every evening. Multiple versions of files are not retained.
- Deleted files are purged on Sundays. This means that if you accidentally delete a file, the system administrator may possibly be able to restore the file if you alert him before the subsequent Sunday.
- If you overwrite a file, it will be replicated around 20:00 that day. If you alert the system administrator before then, he may possibly be able to restore the copy from the previous day.
- Please contact the system administrator (johann.swart at up.ac.za) if restores are needed.