From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Home directories (/home) are backup up daily with a 14-day retention period for file versions.
- You can thus possibly ask the system administrator to restore a copy that existed in the previous 14 days.
- Due to its large volume, Lustre data directories (/nlustre/users) are replicated every week from Friday evening 18h00. Multiple versions of files are not retained.
- If you overwrite a file, it will be replicated during the following week. If you delete a file, it will be deleted from the replication site at replication time. If you alert the system administrator before replication happens, he *may* possibly be able to restore the copy from the previous week.
- Please contact the system administrator (johann.swart at up.ac.za) if restores are needed.