Difference between revisions of "Hardware resources"
From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
=== Backups ===
=== Backups ===
* up daily
to a .
Please contact the system administrator (johann.swart at up.ac.za) if restores are needed.
Revision as of 09:52, 11 April 2018
- There are 8 x 28-core compute nodes with 128 GB RAM each (wonko1 - wonko8)
- There is a 96-core SMP server with 3 TB of RAM (alf)
- Please also see Storage Quotas and Charges
- Home directories are on a 70 TB NFS4 filesystem over Infiniband (/home)
- User data directories are on a 1.2 PB Lustre filesystem over Infiniband (/nlustre/users)
- User scratch directories are on a 1.2 PB Lustre filesystem over Infiniband (/nlustre/scratch/users)
- Home directories (/home) are backup up daily with a 14-day retention period for file versions.
- You can thus possibly ask the system administrator to restore a copy that existed in the previous 14 days.
- Lustre data directories (/lsutre/users) are replicated every evening. Multiple versions of files are not retained.
- Deleted files are purged on Sundays. This means that if you accidentally delete a file, the system administrator may possibly be able to restore the file if you alert him before the first Sunday comes along.
- If you overwrite a file, it will be replicated around 20:00 that day. If you alert the system administrator before then, he may possibly be able to restore the copy from the previous day.
- Please contact the system administrator (johann.swart at up.ac.za) if restores are needed.