Logging in to a terminal session
From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Revision as of 15:37, 8 March 2018 by Fourie
- All our servers run Linux
- If you need an introduction to Linux, we would recommend: The Linux Command Line.
- You would usually log into our head (login node). It is called wonko.bi.up.ac.za.
- An example from a Linux or Mac terminal session:
> ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
or if graphics forwarding is needed:
> ssh -X email@example.com
- If you are logging in from a Windows machine, you can use a terminal emulator such as putty,