Storage Quotas and Charges
The price of a basic account is R 2,000 per year.
PLEASE NOTE - NONE OF THE CHARGES MENTIONED HERE ARE RELATED TO ACTUAL OPERATIONAL COSTS.
THESE ARE MERELY TOKEN AMOUNTS WE NEED TO RAISE FROM USERS ACCORDING TO AN AGREEMENT MADE WITH TUKS EXECUTIVE.
AS AN EXAMPLE - JUST THE ELECTRICITY COSTS FOR THE SERVER ROOM ALONE AMOUNT TO MORE THAN R 80 000 PER MONTH.
Checking storage quotas
- A web-based system for checking the different user and group storage quotas and charges is available at http://storageadmin.bi.up.ac.za.
- nLustre quotas can also be checked with:
> lfs quota -u username /nlustre
A basic account (R 2,000 per year) provides:
- 512 GB of storage space in /home/user
- 1 TB of storage space in /nlustre/user
- 512 GB of storage space in Galaxy
- Unlimited computational usage
Upgrading storage space
- Storage space may be upgraded at R 1,000 per TB per year in the following steps:
- 5 TB total (add 4)
- 10 TB
- 20 TB or more