From Centre for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Revision as of 18:24, 6 May 2018 by Johann
- Home directories (/home) are backup up daily with a 14-day retention period for file versions.
- You can thus possibly ask the system administrator to restore a copy that existed in the previous 14 days.
- Lustre data directories (/nlustre/users) are replicated every evening. Multiple versions of files are not retained.
- If you overwrite a file, it will be replicated during the following night. If you delete a file, it will be deleted from the replication site at replication time. If you alert the system administrator before replication happens, he *may* possibly be able to restore the copy from the previous day.
- Please contact the system administrator (johann.swart at up.ac.za) if restores are needed.